United Grand Lodge of England seeks to appoint an Assistant Grand Chancellor to work for the Grand Chancellor
Grand Lodge recognises nearly 200 Grand Lodges around the world. This role will work to the Grand Chancellor and manage relations with foreign Grand Lodges on behalf of the Board of General Purposes on a day to day basis. The role will suit someone with a keen interest in international relations.
Initially the appointee will work with the Deputy Grand Chancellor until he retires in April 2018.
They will be accountable and responsible to the Chief Executive.
- Monitoring the recognition of overseas Sovereign Grand Lodges.
- Preparing reports and policy papers for the External Relations Committee, the Board of General Purposes and the Grand Chancellor.
- Organising meetings and taking minutes of the External Relations Committee.
- Researching and drafting speeches for the Grand Chancellor and Rulers.
- Preparing and contributing to briefs for the Grand Chancellor, Rulers and other interested parties.
- Building a network of overseas contacts and welcoming senior members of foreign Grand Lodges when they visit London.
- General day to day management of the office.
- Attending meetings overseas as required.
- Monitoring visits by overseas Grand Lodges to Quarterly Communications.
- Coordinating pre Quarterly Communication Dinner arrangements.
- Advising on Quarterly Communication lunch table plans.
- Candidates should be graduates with a good command of English.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work with people at all levels.
- Team player working as part of a small dedicated team.
- Knowledge and practical experience of Freemasonry essential.
- Excellent IT Skills.
- Knowledge of at least one foreign language
- An understanding of Masonry overseas
Competitive salary and terms package applies.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to:
Head of HR
United Grand Lodge of England
60 Great Queen Street
CV’s received without a covering letter will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is 30th October 2017