United Grand Lodge of England seeks a Legal Services Adviser
The duties and responsibilities will be to perform the role of an 'in-house' lawyer for United Grand Lodge, advising on a wide range of legal issues and undertaking the day-to-day handling of litigation affecting UGLE in conjunction with UGLE’s outside lawyers.
To advise on the Book of Constitutions and participate in the administration of the masonic disciplinary system, initially under the direction of the Deputy Grand Secretary.
- Handling contentious matters affecting UGLE, calling on specialist outside assistance where necessary.
- Monitoring new and existing legislation to the extent that it is likely to affect UGLE, providing advice on its impact to senior management and the Board of General Purposes.
- Providing advice to the Grand Secretary, Board of General Purposes and others in relation to Data Protection issues and Equality legislation.
- Providing specialist back-up to Assistant Grand Secretary / Director of Technical and Specialist Services in relation to the Book of Constitutions.
- Oversee the administration of the masonic disciplinary system, initially under the direction of the Deputy Grand Secretary.
- Providing legal advice to the various departments of UGLE, to the extent qualified by legal experience and skills as required.
- Write papers, as required, for the Board of General Purposes (and Committee of General Purposes).
- Assisting with drafting and re-drafting, as required, amendments to the Book of Constitutions and Royal Arch Regulations.
Salary: Competitive salary and terms package applies.
Application details: To apply please send your CV and covering letter to:
Head of HR
United Grand Lodge of England
60 Great Queen Street
CV’s received without a covering letter will not be considered.